Values Education Curriculum and Professional Learning Resources
The Department of Education, Employment and Workplace Relations has contracted Curriculum Corporation to produce three sets of values education curriculum and professional learning resources for the Values in Australian Schooling resource series to support schools in implementing the National Framework for Values Education in Australian Schools.
1. Building Values Across the Whole School consists of two components: primary and secondary Teaching and Learning Units and a Professional Learning Program.
- Building Values Across the Whole School: Teaching and Learning Units is designed to assist schools and teachers to integrate values within key learning areas of the school curriculum.
- Building Values Across the Whole School: Professional Learning Program promotes teacher learning about values education and supports teachers as they impart values within all areas of the curriculum.
- Understanding Values is a set of six dilemma-based learning sequences which can be linked to key learning areas. The dilemmas require students to explicitly examine the values that underpin people’s actions and the choices they make about complex issues.
- Values in Action, supports values learning through activities and projects outside the formal curriculum. The six modules provide scaffolds with which to build authentic and practical experiences for students to live and practise the values the school is fostering.
- World of Values, a website offering learning-enriched digital resources for exploring values through film, photography and learning objects.
- Side by Side, a big book for the early childhood classroom.
- Teaching for Intercultural Understanding: Professional Learning Program, a professional learning resource for teachers to support their work as values educators.
- Values-centred Schools – A Guide, a website resource to support school leaders in developing a whole school approach to values education.